Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A little Intro

I suppose the best place to start when you start a completely self indulgent blog, is to start at the beginning. I'll fast forward through my childhood, my awkward preteen/teen years, my nursing jobs and career and my marriage to now, with my two kids, hubs and our rescued older dog Angel. I am a product of the Midwest, a true Southern IL girl at heart. No just because I come from IL does not mean I live near Chicago, you'd be quite surprised to know that there are towns outside of  Cook County. My husband (Big B) and I married and lived up until a year ago, in a little town called Collinsville - Home of the World's Largest Catsup Bottle. Whoop!! Let's hear it for C-VILLE!!!  **crickets**


Yeah, nice little town, full of front porches and main street businesses. We loved living there and loved that we could walk downtown to the Italian fest, in July celebrate the Catsup Bottle festival and we were only minutes to downtown Saint Louis. It was nice and quaint and full of all those wonderful events Country Music stars love to sing about.

We started our family there and were quite content to be buried there as well, until Big B got a call. "Come, make some money, work for us. Come to Texas, it never snows here." Never snows?! We were there!!!! Our little family of 3, Big B, Miss A (then 4) and I, Mama Jelly, all put what we could in a small U-Hal, loaded down our little SUV and drove for 3 days to move to Texas for Big B's job. Around Christmas time 2010, we learned that, despite everything we were told by a big hot shot fertility doctor, we were pregnant. PREGNANT!! Completely natural, completely on our own, pregnant. This was nothing short of a miracle and one I'll talk about in full in another blog post. So not only had we moved to Texas from Illinois, were trying to make new friends, trying out a new church, trying to get settled, we were expecting a complete miracle. Our tiny little man, Little B, was born in June at 6 weeks early. He stayed 9 days in the NICU and was released into our care, totaling 11 days in the hospital, with mom and Little B.

Mama Jelly giving Little B his first hug. He was born with a hole in his lungs and had to spend days under an oxygen hood.
Miss A with her new brother once he was released to room in.
Coming Home
Miss A and Little B currently


Cute kids: Check
Nice little life: Check
Craziness: Check

So what is this blog about?  I will be posting my craft projects, and favorite Pinterest pins. Don't know what Pinterest is? Check it out Here and be prepared to be amazed! I guess you could categorise this blog under "crafty blogs". But I do love and talk about my kids, our adventures in homeschooling and general craziness having a household with a 5 year old and an infant. I guess that makes me a "mommy blogger". Speaking of adventures, I am an awful cook. No, I'm not one of those women who say "I'm an awful cook" but throw things together like lasagna. I am an awful cook, as in I burn chocolate chips, set fire to a donut, ruin rice, can't boil water..... awful cook. So maybe put this blog under "first aid". Lastly, I love random things, going to flee markets, Sunday School pranks, everyday life sort of randomness, so possibly put this blog under "life".

Anyway you slice it up, this little self indulgent blog is about my little corner of the big state of Texas and our little family enjoying it. I hope you do to.



Mama Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment