Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Pinteresting Party


A few weeks ago, while enjoying my favorite past time, I had a thought. Wonder if anyone has ever done a Pinterest Party. So I looked it up on the boards and of course they had and of course they pinned it.

So Smart!

My girlfriends and myself have enjoyed Pinterest almost to the part where we quote pins in our everyday language. "Did you see XX?" "I made XX last night and it rocked!" "I laughed so hard on that pin....." Etc etc. We don't even have to state where we found it, it's understood. PINTEREST. So I sent out the invites via Facebook, and got the girls together. This group would be a collection of different ages, different background, some have children, some unmarried but all with one love and all obsessed with one website.


So how would one go about having a Pinterest Party? I wasn't about to just sit on our laptops and our smart phones and pin for 2 hours. No that would not be fun. So in the invites I stated "Bring your favorite food pin, craft you made or anything else you got from Pinterest to the party." Then I thought, well, if we are all together, laughing, eating, being girls, we going to need to do something. So I thought it would be a ton of fun to make something off of Pinterest. I kept track for a week before the party and looked up "most popular" daily in crafts. There I found it! The week we had the party, the "most popular craft" was T-shirt Scarves.

What's a t-shirt scarf? Well my friend, it's the upcycle crazy meets functional accessory. Here with a cool tie died scarf. This one here is beautiful and being sold on Etsy. Elaborate ones found here and here. After looking up the last two, I think I am in need of doing some interesting redo's in the coming weeks.


So the big day approached and I got the decor and my food together. I also hit the Goodwill for some old t-shirts.




I put out a table with scissors and tshirts ready to be re purposed.


After the first pass of filling up our plates, everyone who brought some craft to show or brought foods, showed off what they had made. One of my sweet friends brought what could only be dubbed as the "Pinterest bag of crafts."  We then set to work redoing these shirts into wearable scarves.


While they worked, I brought out the special Pinterest Cheesecake.



Oh and friends ALWAYS help hold the braid


One of the ladies made these very cute picture props.


Some made the braided scarves, some just went off and did their own style. Everyone left having had fun and with something they created.



So go on, grab your girlfriends, gather that weeks "most popular craft", gets some food and have a great time enjoying the best site on the web.




Mama Jelly







No comments:

Post a Comment